Everyone who comes along to services or groups at Dronfield Baptist Church belongs in some way, and helps to contribute to the diverse life of the church. Many help with the activities and get involved through volunteering in different ways.
People who are committed to journeying with us as a church are encouraged to become members, being together like parts of a body. Being a member means fostering a sense of care for one another, demonstrating one’s faith with the whole church within the surrounding communities and wider world, and committing oneself to the ongoing discernment of how God is taking us forward as a local church.
These things are primarily done through being in a small group, being part of the Sunday gatherings and contributing to church meetings.
Our Church Members’ Covenant is as follows.
We believe in one God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit and we confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
Belonging to God’s family at Dronfield Baptist Church, we will, with God’s help and, as far as we are able,
Engage Deeper with Jesus:
- By being faithful in worship as the family of God giving all that are and all that we have for the glory of God.
- By serving Jesus in using the gifts the Spirit gives us for the benefit and blessing of the church and to mature in character as we grow in the fruit of the Spirit.
- By discerning together, with God’s people, the will of Christ for us as a church, and in our own individual lives, through the church meeting.
Enable all to meet Jesus:
- By being consistent witnesses to God’s love to those around us.
- By being faithful to God’s call to live as his new creation.
- By praying together for God’s Kingdom to come on earth as it is in heaven.
Enrich our Community:
- By serving others as we care for all of creation in Christian love.
- By seeking to makes the places where we work, rest and play better for all through the lives we lead.
- By supporting the work of mission at home and abroad so that the hungry may be fed, the thirsty satisfied, the stranger given hospitality, the naked clothed, the sick looked after and the imprisoned visited.
If you would like to know more about becoming a member, email email@example.com